Wednesday, May 3, 2017

DrEAMi Moment and May OMG

Sandra at Mmm! Quilts! coined a new quilters phrase called DrEAMi (Drop Everything and Make It!) Moments.   She has a linky party for anybody who has had a DrEAMi moment.

I am facing several big projects and decided to stop and take a break and just do a quicky little project for fun.  I am doing a Block of the Month project by my local quilt shop.  Block 1 has been patiently waiting for me to make it.   So that is my Dreami Moment for today.  Turning this little pile of fabric . . .


to this!  Block #1 done.  (Sorry about the color of this picture)


Last month I submitted my one monthly goal and BOY was I overestimating what I could get done!  Sheesh!   I thought I could finish, baste, and quilt three quilts!  What was I thinking?  Out of the three I thought I would get done, I only got one flimsy finished and that's it!  Not only did I not meet my goal, I forgot to post the April finish.  That's the third time in a row I have missed it.  What is up with that?  I'm going to try again.

So, for the month of May, I am going to be more realistic.   My goal is to get Cacey's flimsy cut and sewed together.  I got the cutting part done tonight!
(Kenzi, your's is next!)

I'm going to have to take a break to get some graduation announcements done one of these days.

Building update:  The roof trusses are up and most of the sheeting on.  
Next comes siding!



Linking to:

13 comments:

  1. Love the block of the month. I too often think there is more time in the month for sewing than there actually is. Good for you tho to even get one flimsy finished. I find myself to be a much better starter than finisher! Enjoy your day. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the method of 15 minutes a day to do something in your sewing room and soon your project will be done? Obviously I don't use that method-it's more like 5 hours a day for me, ROFLOL. But I also don't have a day job, big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, I love the colors in your BOM block. And your new house (??) looks fabulous. I'll have to go back and read your posts to see when you get in. I've built two houses now - I love the whole process although it can be stressful. Best of luck with it. {{Hugs}} ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics for that BOM are lovely! Realistic goals are hard. I always seem to think of 20 more things I want to get done. I should start trying be more realistic too.
    The house is looking great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting - house building! Haven't built one from ground up, but have certainly remodeled mine plenty. Give yourself a break on not getting much done, or forgetting to post - it happens! Thanks for sharing your pretty block at Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to admit that my way of dealing with goals and deadlines is to do my darndest not to have them! Your BOM is very sweet...love those fabrics. Will the whole quilt be polka dotty?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, it came up with no email attached - love your block and is that your new house??? Wow it's going to be gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have recognised your Dreami moment as yours, it's lovely, and very you. Don't you worry none about getting behind in your piecing this month, I'm going to be right behind you rattling your cage and poking you with a big stick hehe! I can't believe how fast the house is coming together, and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I know about over estimation of abilities and maybe the time available to get said goals done in....so I have also started to scale back on the goals , and if I get something bigger done as well then that's just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I L O V E block #1--so pretty...beautiful job hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful first block. Love those colors. I hear you on the graduation announcements, that's on the agenda for this weekend. But first senior pictures. The school photographer botched DT's both times, so we are going to take our own this morning. Good luck with your May goal. Those graduation quilts can take on a life of their own pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I over estimate my OMGs, too, so I know what you're talking about! My latest quilt was definitely a DREAMi quilt, so I get that, too! Love block #1!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cross-hatch pattern you are making the quilt from, is it a commercial pattern or did you draft it yourself. I am interested in it. I think it might make a good graduation quilt for my niece. Thank you, Sue

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!