Wednesday, October 4, 2017

My Quilt in Progress

I'm having so much fun this month!  I recently shared a tutorial for a block that I will be using to create a quilt for my own bed.   I am having fun auditioning fabric and creating a block here and there. 

A few days ago, I made this one:

Yes, this block is going into a quilt for my own bed.  It's not going to be dignified, elegant, or sophisticated.  Plenty of time to make one of those later.   What it IS going to be is fun!  This is is what's up on the design wall so far . . .

Lots of blue and orange so far.  Time to add some new colors.   Hmm, how about some yellow or green or purple?    Or all three?  Ha!  Ha!  All laid out and ready to sew . . .

Here are some pairs I'm probably going to add next . . .

After these, I'm thinking something with green.

In the meantime, I have these goodies coming in the mail.  These super cute floral blocks are coming from Debbie Huber.  Thanks, Debbie!


And these are coming from Mary Ann.  Mary Ann, I love all the bright colors you chose for these!

I will have fun sewing more blocks, getting blocks in the mail, and showing you my collection as it grows!

Linking to:
Let's Bee Social
WIP's on Wednesday
Midweek Makers
Needle & Thread Thursday

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect quilt for your fun, colorful desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting blocks in the mail is super fun. Your bed quilt will be so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt will be so much fun! Can't wait to watch it all come together. Looks like your hive mates really came through with great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun blocks - nice to see the playful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when you wrote that your quilt would not be dignified, elegant, or sophisticated! None of mine ever are - but fun and scrappy, definitely! I really like your block and all of the fun fabrics you're finding for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have so far! That design is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!!! I love HSTs I just cannot stand squaring them up. But your quilt makes me want to power through!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are a like a big pile of candy! Bright, fun and tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've got a good start on the bright and fun part of the quilt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks so far are wonderful, it’s a great design for a quilting bee or a scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE meeting new quilting friends and always respond to comments so I'd love to hear from you!